THE KEY TO YOUR FIRM'S LEGACY
Carl George has helped develop scores of strategic plans over his career. He strongly believes that the most successful firms have well thought-out strategic plans that revolve around a common vision and the strategies essential to reach that vision. These firms develop their plans with a long-term focus - while still addressing short-term issues - thereby assuring that the firm legacy is passed on to the next generations.
THE CGA APPROACH TO STRATEGIC PLANNING
- Insisting that all thought leaders are part of the planning process
- Implementing a hands-on strategic planning process that takes the firm from 30,000 feet (vision) to ground level (implementation and tactics)
- Building a plan around the questions: Who? What? When? Why? How?
- Gaining the buy-in of firm owners
- Understanding that it takes small steps and actions to perfect big ideas
- Understanding that everyone in the firm has a role in the plan's execution
- Insisting that progress of the plan be measured, and that the firm's owners be held accountable toward that progress
- Leaving the firm with a well-defined vision and next steps
- Assuring that the plan does not get "shelved" with no action